I picked up this vintage, gold color rotary dial phone at a thrift store for only $2.00! And, it actually works! So, I brought it home, painted it and used my cricut to cut vinyl letters for the dial. Although it takes a lot longer to dial a phone number, I really like it. UPDATE: Some of you have wondered what I used to paint the phone. Well, originally I used Krylon Fusion spray paint. It is specially made to bond with plastic. I don't know if it was too cold when I painted, or if the paint was having a chemical reaction to the "rubbery" cord, but the paint on the cord never cured. After three days it was still very tacky. So, I wiped (actually scrubbed) off the paint using fingernail polish remover. Then I bought some spray primer for plastic in the hopes it would work. I masked off the rest of the phone and then sprayed the cord with a LIGHT coat of primer. Once it dried I sprayed a few LIGHT coats of the green over it. It is much better than before! The person at the paint store wasn't sure how well it will hold up with it being a stretchy cord and all, but we'll see. The phone is going to be used in the family room so the kids can actually have a phone right next to them as they watch TV. Because, heaven forbid if you have to get up off the couch and answer the phone on the wall!!