Mar 2, 2017

It's tunic time...part three!

Tunic number three in my series was made from a t-shirt and skirt.  I liked the black and cream combination of the printed t-shirt and the gingham skirt.




I started by cutting off the lower section of the skirt.  The remaining skirt (not pictured) was long enough that I able to hem it and still use it...so this
refashion was a two-fer!


With the skirt scraps, I cut a "shirt tail" piece and attached it 
to the bottom edge of the t-shirt.


I cut a Peter Pan collar and added it to the neckline.  I also added a faux button placket and a couple of buttons to the front.


I paired it with a black pencil skirt, boots, and wool jacket.


I like to link to these great parties!


5 comments:

  1. You always look so pulled together, Susan, and this outfit is no exception. What a good idea for a tunic and so flattering on many body types.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! I'm sitting at my computer right now in jeans, a denim shirt, bare feet, and a towel wrapped around my wet hair. At least when I photograph a refashion I can give the illusion of being pulled together!!

      Delete
  2. Another simple, but oh so flattering tunic, Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the feedback and always look forward to reading what you have to say! Susan